Re: How can I dynmaically use page-number?

Yet, that may point out that most of these requirements you've had so far
don't really fit with what FO deals with.

The answers lies in your words : such requirements must be dealt between
the  transformation and the formatting.

Maybe we should try to gather the good ideas (and there are plenty !) of
LaTeX formatters (or some DSSSL tool) and to code it into XSLT modular
stylesheets that anybody could use, or Java code for people who dislike
declarative languages. Then, our requirements would simply vanish.

At 16:36 05/10/2001 +0200, Max Froumentin wrote:
>You wrote:
>
> > This particular example could be done in a loosely-coupled system as a
> > special case, but as a general mechanism, getting access to the page
> > number in the expression language would introduce the kind of tight
> > coupling that XSL has avoided so far.
>
>Indeed, and most requirements we've had so far (like Dave's <fo:if>)
>call for such a tightly coupled system, not between the transformation
>and the formatting, but between the FO tree and the area tree.
>
>Max.

Cyril Rognon