Re: Beginner's font question

I had to do something like this recently but for bar code TTF
fonts.  In my case I didn't put the xml file in any special
place. I just specified a full path for the xml file like you did
for the ttf file.

I also discovered that not all TTFs are equal even though they
may successfully result in generated xml files. Several of the
fonts I tried just didn't render at all while others rendered
fine. Unfortunately for me the ones that rendered fine were
commercial and cost $ while the free ones I found seemed to have
flaws.