Re: page break

At 05:30 PM 6/20/01, Max Froumentin wrote:

>> In fact I  would like to catch the page break event and write something a
>> this moment.
>> Do you think it is possible to do this with xsl:fo.
>
>AFAIK you can't "catch the break event" other than getting the page
>number using fo:page-number.

I'm not alone in wanting this. I hope the WG are considering these
aspects for 1.1 or 2.0.

If others want this, please let the editors know.

I suggested something like,
<xsl:if test="newpage">
   <fo:block> running total is ......
</xsl:if>

>> Another question is how could I know the total page number. I would like to
>> put it on the bottom of each page like this : 2/30 - 3/30...
>
>I never did it but something like putting a fo:page-marker at the very
>end of your flow and referencing it on every page should do the trick.

Yes, it does work Max.
  Just ensure that you have an <fo:block id="end"/>
to which you can refer.

Regards DaveP