Re: text-indent/last-line-end-indent and nested block-level FOs

"Arved Sandstrom" <asandstrom@accesscable.net> writes:

> These are both inherited properties; your nested block in the example will
> have the same 'text-indent' or 'last-line-end-indent' applied as the first
> line-area of the containing block; i.e. you will see 2 indents corresponding
> to each.

I don't think that last statement is true. Although text-indent is
indeed inherited, it is an adjustment to 'start-indent' which is
always relative to the nearest ancestor reference area (not the
nearest block). This means that you would see only one indent:

          |        +--------------+                |
          |        |Inner Inner I-|                |
          |        |nner Inner In-| Outer outer ou-|
          |        |ner           |                |
          |        +--------------+                |
          | ter outer outer outer outer outer oute |
          | r outer.                               |

as opposed to:

          |        |        Inner |                |
          |        |Inner Inner I-| Outer ourer ou-|
          |        |nner.         |                |
          | ter...                                 |

Max.