From: Nilsson, Peter [mailto:pni@sorman.se]
Sent: 15 June 2001 09:42
To: 'www-xsl-fo@w3.org'
Subject: text-indent/last-line-end-indent and nested block-level FOs

Hi,

I need a little clarification. The FO spec says that the text-indent
(last-line-end-indent) property(ies) specifies indentation to add to the
first (last) line of a fo:block. My question is what should happen when a
block-level fo is the first fo in a block (applies to the case with
last-line-end-indent as well, but let's ignore that for the rest of this
message.) For example, if I have something like:

<block text-indent="3cm">
  <block>I'm nested.</block>
  I am not nested.
</block>

Which line should get indented by 3cm according to the spec? It doesn't seem
logic that the nested block would be affected (it could be some other kind
of block-level FO). It also seems a little odd that the indent really falls
in the middle of the outermost block.

I am actually implementing DSSSL, but also want to try to follow the XSL-FO
spec for the future.

Any ideas? How do the other implementors treat this?

Regards,
//Peter Nilsson

--

Peter Nilsson