Re: Return address: listserve

Max Froumentin wrote:

> Martin Stricker <shugal@gmx.de> writes:
>
> > Yes, Dave meant the "Reply-To:"-header.
>
> However, a "reply-to" header will make it difficult to reply to a
> message in private. A MUA should give the choice of either replying to
> the 'From:' header of the original message or to the 'To:'
> header. (Mine calls that 'Reply' and 'Follow-up' respectively.)
> A 'reply-to' would prevent that choice.

I have a "Reply all" button, too. There I just delete the group address.
Usually I reply to the list with "Reply", but without Reply-To: this
wouls send a message only to you, not to the list. And if I  hit "Reply
all" and forgot to delete your address you'll get this message twice...

We had a similar argument about Reply-To: in xsl-list some time ago
which turned out in leaving the Reply-To in the header. All mailing
lists I'm subscribed to (about twenty, Linux, XML and Perl related) have
the Reply-To header except this one (I just checked). So maybe this list
will go the same way which works for the others?

> See also

I disagree... I don't have any problems...

Best regards,
Martin Stricker