Re: PEX5 suggested rephrase

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Mike Brown wrote:
> >It doesn't look to me like PEX5 (initiated by Bjoern Hoehrmann
> ><mailto:derhoermi@gmx.net>) was adequately addressed.
>
> Looking at http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/PER-xinclude-20061003/ the Working
> Group seems to disagree. Mike, did the Working Group inform you why they
> insist on their incorrect proposed resultion on this matter? I could not
> find a response in the list archive.

No, I am pretty sure I got no response to my message of 2005-06-14.

It seems rather simple, doesn't it? If the intent is to say that XML 1.0 sec.
4.3.3's encoding-determination rules are to be used when doing (in the absence
of external encoding info) a parse="text" include of a document that's tagged
as being of *any* RFC 3023 XML media type ...then why don't they just say
that, rather than naming a subset of XML media types and vaguely referring to
"as specified in XML"?

Mike