Re: element() scheme should return Element Node only or any kind of node?

Bill Han wrote:
> So, your metafallbacktestwithxpointer.xml test case is okay, but
> metafallbacktest5.xml is wrong.
> The differnce between these two (or by href attr) is one has
> <xi:fallback>fallback text</xi:fallback>, another one has
> <xi:fallback><test>some data</test></xi:fallback> Your element(/1/1)
> returns "fallback text" string and <test>some data</test> element
> respectively.
> I don't know what you meant by "catalog". I downloaded test suite from
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Test/XInclude/ (110032004 version).

None of these tests are wrong. It is becoming obvious that your test
harness is broken. It is making assumptions about the layout of the test
suite that are simply not true. The test catalog is found in the file
testdescr.xml which is at the URL
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2001/XInclude-Test-Suite/testdescr.xml?content-type=text/plain&only_with_tag=HEAD

This file maps expected input to expected output (or lack thereof for
error tests). The presence or absence of files with particular names in
the results directory means nothing unless they are referenced in
testdescr.xml.