Re: FW: how does XInclude mix with XML Schema? XSLT?

[ fixing the WG email in the Cc: ]

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 06:06:59PM -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 17:48, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > [...] A bad test suite is more dangerous than no test suite, and at
> > this point dilution of already scarce efforts doesn't sound wise to me.
>
> I see your point... on the other hand, a Recommendation that isn't
> thoroughly tested can do more harm than good too.

  I would just like to point out that thorough testing of the spec
in isolation is probably sufficient to not do harm if said spec defines
its scope clearly. To go back to XInclude I do think we have a good
coverage of the spec in isolation now, and that XInclude being defined
as an Infoset transformation, i.e. clearly scoped as a post processor
parsing allows to use it in a variety of contexts without doubts about
its own behaviour. Where doubts may arise is when you are pairing XInclude
with other processing which have their own specific requirements.
  To me this raises back the question of a canonical XML processing order
which is something which we debated but never came to any official
answer (and this may as well be kept unanswered).

Daniel

daniel@veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
http://veillard.com/ |