RE: Architectural problems of the XInclude CR

This disposition is fine with me.  I'm still not comfortable with
overriding the usual rules, but making that explicit is a substantial
improvement over prior versions.  I look forward to seeing the complete
draft.

www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org;
>> www-tag@w3.org
>> Subject: RE: Architectural problems of the XInclude CR
>

>> Things that "XInclude per se could or should do":
>>
>> * Mention content negotiation and its potential impact on XInclude
>> processing.
>
>I have added a section on content negotiation using an edited version
of
>the text you originally proposed on this thread.
>
>> * Explain the relationship between "text" and "xml" and the MIME
Media
>> Type identifiers commonly used on the Web, and explain why XInclude
>uses
>> this approach rather than the more Web-like approach.
>
>I now mention that this overrides the usual rules.  I also clarified
>that XInclude gives the author priority over the media type instead of
>the server to enable features such as the textual inclusion of XML for
>display as examples.
>
>> "Coercion to
>> text/xml" may be appropriate, but it's an unusual approach for the
Web

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!