RE: Comments on XInclude

The XML Core WG has received a number of comments on XPointer support in
XInclude, most suggesting some sort of XPointer subset.  The recent
factoring of XPointer has given the WG the opportunity to simplify
XInclude implementation without creating our own subset of XPointer.
The WG has decided to require support for the XPointer Framework [1],
and the XPointer element() Scheme [2].  Support for the XPointer
xpointer() Scheme [3] and other schemes developed in the future would be
optional.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-framework/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-element/
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-xpointer/