RE: Couple of errors/questions on XInclude WD 26 October 2000

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 13:54:13 -0800
To: "'Daniel.Veillard@w3.org'" <Daniel.Veillard@w3.org>, www-xml-xinclude-comments@w3.org
Thanks for the comments, I'll add the issues to the draft.

The intent is to prevent

  <?xml version="1.0"?>
  <xinclude:include href="foo.xml#xpointer(//p)"/>

from generating multiple top-level elements in the resulting infoset, and
thus would be incapable of reserialization.  The above example would be an
error if there was more than one <p> in foo.xml.

The text certainly could be clearer.