XML Xinclude example

From: BAWA,ARVINDER <BAWAA@apci.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:24:02 -0400
To: "'www-xml-xinclude-comments@w3.org'" <www-xml-xinclude-comments@w3.org>
Anyone who reads this

I have tried to follow the Infoset inclusion example on the document at
http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude
but I can not make it work.
Am I missing something? Will this example work as described in the
mentioned
document or is this just illustrative at this stage.

Is there an easy alternative to include a second xml file in a xml or html
environment?
I appreciate your help.

Arvinder Bawa
Air Products
Hersham, UK.
bawaa@apci.com

Infoset inclusion example

first.xml

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<document xmlns:xinclude="http://www.w3.org/1999/XML/xinclude">
  <xinclude:include href="disclaimer.xml"/>
</document>

disclaimer.xml

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<disclaimer>
  and should not be interpreted as official policy endorsed by this
  organization.</p>
</disclaimer>

Result