Re: Proposed addition to XML Schema 1.1: N from sequence

At 10:44 AM -0700 050125, Martin Thomson wrote:
>My apologies for the long document, this is a complex issue.
>
>In a number of DTDs, the following structure is used to indicate
>that one or both elements are to be included.
>
>   <!ELEMENT example (content1 | content2 | (content1, content2))>

Oops!  To quote the XML Rec:  "As noted in 3.2.1 Element Content, it
is required that content models in element type declarations be
deterministic."  Yours isn't.  What you want is

     <!ELEMENT example ((content1 , content2?) | content2) >

What does this do to your discussion?
--
Dave Peterson
SGMLWorks!