Re: Bag Element

From: Orion Adrian <oadrian@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:38:42 -0500
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org

Actually I hadn't even really thought the bad element through.  The
situation without it is even worse than I had previously thought because you
have to include N factorial (N!) choice elements where N is the number of
elements that have a minInclude of 0 and a maxInclude of 1.  I've been
trying to create a meta library that specifies commonly used properties as
specific elements, but there are currently 6 elements that are min=0, max=1.
  This would require 720 different choice elements.  This is insane!  Either
the W3C needs to abandon non-sequenced elements (as used in the HTML head
element) or it needs to introduce an unordered group structure.

Orion

Get reliable access on MSN 9 Dial-up. 3 months for the price of 1!
(Limited-time offer)