Re: bug in xml-schema xsd perhaps

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 08:19, Tim Pierce wrote:

> not sure if this is the right place to mail this but:
> refering to xml-schema schema with namespace
> <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema>  - available from
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#related.resources
> I think in the definition of the complexType with name="topLevelComplexType"
> it was intended to list the mixed, abstract and final attributes as per the
> abstract complexType name="complexType" which the topLevelComplexType
> restriction-s from, but this has been omitted presumable by mistake. I guess
> topLevelComplexType was once an extension of 'complexType' or something of
> the like.

When a type R restricts a base type B, then R
inherits any attributes in B unless it has declarations
of its own with the same names.  (That is, for
attributes, silence implies inheritance, not
omission.)  So I don't THINK this is a bug, if I
have correctly understood your comment.

In any case, yes, this is definitely the right place
to send bug reports on the XML Schema spec.

-C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
 World Wide Web Consortium
 MIT / CSAIL