Annotation allowed on XML representation of attribute use (Possible erratum? )

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:15:44 -0400
To: www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
Cc: dknguyen@us.ibm.com, fallside@us.ibm.com, lmartin@ca.ibm.com, sandygao@ca.ibm.com

The attribute use schema component [1] makes no provision for an annotation
property, but I can't see anything in the constraints on XML syntax that
rules it out, and my quick skim of the schema-for-schemas seems to allow
it.  I believe the same is true of elements occurring as particles.  Have I
missed something?  If not, we should either figure out where the
annotations go in the particles, or else introduce a constraint prohibiting
annotation from the XML representation.

Since we've gone to such trouble to have a UPA, it would seem that we
should allow annotations on particles to allow applications to benefit from
that determinism, no?  Thanks.

Noah

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#section-XML-Representation-of-Attribute-Use-Components