Re: E1-21 Error

"Stanley Guan" <stanley.guan@oracle.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I think the description "Unless B is the content model wildcard of the
> ur-type definition," in
> the following correction is unnecessary because you won't have a case that
> can reach
> here and have B be the content model wildcard of the ur-type definition.
>
> The normal case that reaches "Schema Component Constraint: Particle
> Derivation OK
> (Any:Any -- NSSubset)" is an example as given below.

Correct.  The new clause 3 rules your baseTitleType out at this point.

> If my thinking is
> wrong, please
> give an example that can illustrate what the description tries to elaborate.
>
> My understanding of ur-type is as such: an element can be ur-type.  But, for
> Particle
> Derivation OK checking, it will reach "Schema Component Constraint: Particle
> Restriction OK (Elt:Elt -- NameAndTypeOK)" instead of "Any:Any -- NSSubset".

The broken example is simply

   <xsd:complexType name="baseTitleType">
         <xsd:sequence minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
           <xsd:any namespace="##any" processContents="skip"/>
         </xsd:sequence>
   </xsd:complexType>

That is shorthand for

   <xsd:complexType name="baseTitleType">
     <xsd:complexContent>
       <xsd:restriction base="xsd:anyType">
         <xsd:sequence minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
           <xsd:any namespace="##any" processContents="skip"/>
         </xsd:sequence>
       </xsd:restriction>
     </xsd:complexContent>
   </xsd:complexType>

which brings Clause 3 of Any:Any in to play again, right?  But we want
this to be OK, hence the exception needed to be written in.

> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
>
>   <xsd:complexType name="baseType1" mixed="true">
>     <xsd:sequence minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
>       <xsd:any namespace="##any" processContents="lax"/>
>     </xsd:sequence>
>   </xsd:complexType>
>   <xsd:complexType name="baseTitleType">
>
>     <xsd:complexContent>
>       <xsd:restriction base="baseType1">
>         <xsd:sequence minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
>           <xsd:any namespace="##any" processContents="skip"/>
>         </xsd:sequence>
>       </xsd:restriction>
>     </xsd:complexContent>
>   </xsd:complexType>