Re: Erratum E2-43: invalid pattern

>  <xs:pattern value="[-+]?[0-9]+"/>

I'm afraid it's still invalid. According to appendix F.1 of part 2, the
only thing that could possibly follow '[' is a "charGroup", but anything
starting with '-' is not a valid "charGroup".

Thanks,
Sandy Gao
Software Developer, IBM Canada
(1-905) 413-3255
sandygao@ca.ibm.com

                      ht@cogsci.ed.ac.u
                      k (Henry S.              To:       Sandy Gao/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
                      Thompson)                cc:       www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: Erratum E2-43: invalid pattern
                      ht@inf.ed.ac.uk

                      04/30/2003 05:07
                      AM

"Sandy Gao" <sandygao@ca.ibm.com> writes:

> In E2-43, a pattern was added to the "integer" type:
>
> <xs:pattern value='[+-]?[0-9]+'/>
>
> But according to another erratum E2-18, the above is not a valid regular
> expression, because the character '-' is not allowed. It should be
>
> <xs:pattern value='[+\-]?[0-9]+'/>

We changed this to

  <xs:pattern value="[-+]?[0-9]+"/>

at the last minute, possibly only in the diff'ed REC and not the
errata page -- is that OK, or do we still need the backslash?

ht
--
  Henry S. Thompson, HCRC Language Technology Group, University of
Edinburgh