RE: QName data type: default namespace

Thanks for the information.

This proposal means that it may be impossible to use the QName data type in
a schema for XSLT stylesheets, since our names do not use the default
namespace when unqualified (they behave like attribute names, not like
element names).

Since XSLT is one of the main users of QNames as attribute values, this
seems rather a shame...

We could still use xs:QName to achieve validation, but the typed value
produced by validation would be wrong.

Michael Kay