RE: Substitution Groups in Local Elements?

I was aware of this constraint.
But I never understood the reason for it.
I have no problem with a substitution group head needing to be global.
But why should members also be global?

_____
[This mail represents part of a discussion of work in progress
and should not be used for any purpose without my permission.]
_____
Simon.Cox@csiro.au  CSIRO Exploration & Mining
26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington WA 6151
PO Box 1130, Bentley WA 6102  AUSTRALIA
T: +61 (8) 6436 8639  F: +61 (8) 6436 8555  C: +61 (4) 0330 2672
http://www.csiro.au/page.asp?type=resume&id=CoxSimon