RE: Canonical lexical form for float and double

Thank you, Dave.  I agree.  Just wanted a second opinion.

On your second point, you are correct that a value in a float/double
value space is, in fact,

representing an infinite number of real numbers that are approximated to
that value.

I recall that we have an issue on how this fact impacts the definition
of the canonical form but

decided to postpone it as no one seemed to have a brilliant resolution.

All the best, Ashok
Ashok Malhotra              <mailto: ashokma@microsoft.com
<mailto:%20ashokma@microsoft.com> >
Microsoft Corporation