Re: Qualification, inheritance and import

Grégoire Pau <gpau@acland.fr> writes:

> But, in the elementFormDefault=unqualified mode, I thought that
> the namespace was inherited from its father tag. Ex. in the following
> example:
>
> <t1:a>
>     <b/>
>     <c>
>     </c>
> </t1:a>
>
> b and c are belonging to the t1 associated namespace ?

Only indirectly.  Think of attributes: in <t1:a b='3'/> the 'b'
attribute is indirectly in, or associated with, the namespace of 'a',
but is not explicitly qualified with it -- similarly for the <b> and
<c> elements above.

> Therefore, there is no way to determine the namespace of an
> element without the schema when using the unqualified form.
> Is that correct ?

Essentially, yes, that's correct.  If you care about making
affiliation transparent, use the qualified mode in your schemas.

ht