From: Biron,Paul V
To: 'Jeff Lowery'; 'www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org'
Sent: 4/10/01 3:34 PM
Subject: RE: Part 2: Datatypes

the
> value of whiteSpace is collapse and cannot be changed by a schema
> author;..."
> Actually, the whitespace value for normalizedString (derived from
string)
> is
> "replace"; token collapses it.
> </2.4.2.6 whiteSpace>

normalizedString is covered by the "...(and types derived by restriction
from it)..." clause.  IOW, the whiteSpace is collapse for all PRIMITIVE
types other than string.  Would it help if we added the word
"primitive"?

> <Datatypes Schema>
> Near the bottom of the ENTITIES definition it says:
>       <xs:minLength value="1" id="ENTITES.minLength"/>
> Missing the "I" in ENTITIES.minLength; hard to see, I know.
> </Datatypes Schema>

Thank you catching this one.  We'll fix it.

> P. S.
> Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked several times already:
> Committee-endorsed XML Schema namespace prefix convention: xs:? xsd:?
> both?
> other? none?

None.  The WG hasn't "endorsed" any specific prefix.  And, speaking just
for
myself, the WG should NOT endorse any specific prefix.

pvb