Re: Schemas, namespaces, local, global, in no namespace

----- Original Message -----
From: "Liz Castro" <lcastro@cookwood.com>
To: <www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2000 10:47 PM
Subject: Schemas, namespaces, local, global, in no namespace

<SNIP>>
> As expected, XSV gives me errors (and XML Spy doesn't), but curiously,
> XSV only complains about bar and item, but not about name and town. Why
> isn't there a problem with all of them? If bar and item aren't part of
> the 'something' namespace because they are local elements in the schema,
> then name and town shouldn't be in any namespace either...and thus there
> should be a problem when I declare 'something' as the default namespace
> for the whole document (which is what happens when I get rid of the
> 'red' qualifier).
>
> Why isn't there a problem with name and town?

[MJG]

My guess is this is just the way XSV reports stuff. Having already reported
an error with 'item' it doesn't report errors with the content of item
beause that content is implicitly in error. Or put another way; there is no
way for XSV to validate the content of 'item' because 'item' itself is
unexpected.

So yes, there is a problem with 'name' and 'town' but XSV can't tell you
anything about them because it didn't know what to do with 'item'

Hope this helps,

Martin Gudgin
DevelopMentor