Re: RDF query use-cases

At 12:01 PM 10/11/2001 -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
>I *still* see no response to
>
>   From: Libby Miller (Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk)
>   Date: Tue, Jun 12 2001
>
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-query-comments/2001Jun/0007.html
>
>Please explain what's up. And please copy the public
>www-xml-query-comments list when you do.

The Working Group does not have an official position on querying RDF with
XQuery. This is a topic that interests me, and I believe that the following
paper shows that both RDF and Topic Maps, once normalized, can be queried
with XQuery in a fairly straightforward manner:

http://www.idealliance.org/papers/xml2001/papers/html/03-01-04.html

The RDF syntax used in this paper could be improved, and I think that the
query library could be improved in the area of preserving RDF type
information in the results, but I think this paper shows that making XML
and RDF play nicely together is both desirable and feasible.

I rather like the summary this got in XML Hack:

http://www.xmlhack.com/read.php?item=1492

Hope this helps!

Jonathan

These are my opinions right now. They may be quite different from the
opinions of Software AG, the W3C XML Query Working Group, or the opinions
that I will have after reading and considering your response.