Re: spam in official comment lists

Massimo Marchiori <massimo@w3.org> writes:

> These are reasonable points, but alas, this not the way W3C comments
> lists usually work

So what? They should work according to the WG's preferences, as long
as all relevant comments end up on the archive and are dealt with before
a spec moves to Rec.

> Changing things might lead to an improvement, but then we have all
> to be well aware that we have to start a discussion about changing
> the usual modus operandi

We had this discussion in the XSL WG and it took little time to
make the decision.

> Consider, there are reasons why things are the way they are now
> (in particular, separating a specific comment/typo/error spotting etc
> that should be tagged by the wg as an issue and properly taken care
> of and replied to, from a generic discussion thread).

Not moderating a list doesn't stop discussions anyway. This thread is
unrelated to XQuery but is ending up in the archive (blimey, so much
spam there.)

> But until that happens, we'd keep the status quo.

I will ask the XSL WG about creating a mailing list for comments and
discussions pertaining to XSLT, XPath and XQuery altogether. I invite
you to do so in the XML Query WG too.

Max.