Re: looking again for packaging interest

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 12:24:38PM -0500, Larry Masinter wrote:
> I'm looking for any residual or newly-awakened interest in
> pursuing the design goals of XML packaging as outlined in:
>
> http://www.w3.org/1999/07/xml-pkg234/Overview
>
> in all of its areas (collecting components, random access
> and the index file, etc. etc.)
>
> It looks like the requirements, though not urgent, continue
> to be felt. If you will be at the W3C Plenary, we might try
> to get small group together.

  It seems that the RDDL initiative done in the XML Dev list
is in scope and active but limiting its scope to a precise
functionality.  I don't remember hearing anything from W3C
members recently (for example at the AC Meeting in November).
The XML core WG will have a f2f meeting during the Plenary,
I expect to be there, if so I'm ready to discuss this issue
(again).

Daniel

veillard@redhat.com  | libxml Gnome XML toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/