Re: [xlink11] event handling of nested links

* Norman Walsh wrote:
>/ Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl> was heard to say:
>| It is unclear how event handling should happen for nested links.

>|   xx</div>
>|
>| What happens when you activate (in terms of DOM3) the inner div element for
>| example?
>|
>| I suggest that the specification gets a normative section on event handling in
>| terms of DOM3 or if that is impossible with respect to exit criteria in terms
>| of DOM2.
>
>The XML Core WG has considered this comment and concluded that it is outside
>the scope of changes chartered for XLink 1.1. Please let us know if this
>satisfies your concerns.

Considering that XLink 1.0 has the same error and the XML Core Working
Group is required to maintain XLink 1.0, I don't see how the XLink 1.1
part of the charter is relevant here. If the XML Core Working Group
thinks this should not be fixed in any Technical Report on XLink, please
make a technically sound argument to back that up. If the Working Group
thinks this should be addressed but W3C should call for implementation
of XLink 1.1 with unresolved technical issues first, please make that
explicit.