Re: XLink 1.1: Xlink vs "legacy" linking

On 1/24/2006 Norman Walsh wrote:
> Where in the specification prose are foreign attributes
> discussed? Where does it indicate what influence on XHTML semantics
> those attributes may have?

Although the schemas allow attributes from other namespaces, I can't
find them in the (normative) XHTML 1.0 DTD.

The XHTML 1.0 spec has this to say:  "If a user agent encounters an
attribute it does not recognize, it must ignore the entire attribute
specification (i.e., the attribute and its value)."  (From
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#uaconf )

Webb

--
Webb Roberts (webb.roberts@gtri.gatech.edu)
Research Scientist, Georgia Tech Research Institute