Re: [xml-dev] XLink 1.1 - Discard "locator-type elements"?

In a message dated 10/03/02 13:10:33 GMT Standard Time, crism@maden.org
writes:

> Note also that more than one locator can identify the same resource in
> different roles, clarifying the structure of a complex link which may have
> many arcs.

Chris,

Given one locator-type element how are multiple roles expressed? As I
understand it the xlink:role attribute is used to express role on a
locator-type element. XML 1.0 allows only one attribute of a particular name
on an individual element. Additionally the only permitted child element for a
locator-type element is a title-type element, so how are these multiple roles
that you mention expressed?

Andrew Watt