RE: Resolving references against base URIs

Paul,

It seems you're having trouble with Jeremy's attachment. Below I've
extracted a text copy that may help you understand my reponse.

> I'm not sure what you are saying here--can you expand?  I haven't been
able
> to see Jeremy's HTML file, and I'm not sure I understand what his answers
> are in the cases he lists below, but I don't see how the in-scope base URI
> and the document's retrieval URI could affect same document
> references.

Part of the context of Jeremy's question is consideration of xml:base and
the answers
he offers, the heading of the first column and the comment in his
rationale...

> >> e,f,i,j,k,l
> >> Base does apply to same document references in RDF/XML

...all suggest that RDF/XML proposes to 'apply' an in-scope xml:base in
resolving same document references.

Regards

Stuart
--

    Base                          Relative     Resolved
Number

b "http://example.org/dir/file"  "/absfile"    http://example.org/absfile
009

c "http://example.org/dir/file"  "//another.example.org/absfile"