Re: XLink query syntax

Hello Julie-- You are looking at a very old draft of the XLink spec.  There
are now two specs:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/xlink
   http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr

You'll also want to check out the public Linking page for additional
information:

   http://www.w3.org/XML/Linking

The query-vs.-fragment identifier aspect of the old XLink (now pulled into
XPointer) went away when we discovered the RFC 2396 requirements on
languages such as this.  In XLink, you can use any URI reference, which
includes (per 2396) any query.

Hope this helps,

         Eve

--
Eve Maler                                          +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center    eve.maler @ east.sun.com