RE: Latest version of the Infoset

Hi Martin,

I know the status of infoset and I know that the WD publication is the
usual procedure, and said as much in my response to Philippe.  However,
in cases where the changes are substantive (e.g. whole sections were
taken out of the infoset spec), documentation pertaining to who
requested the change and why must be provided, also as a matter of
policy, and a second last call should be issued (for the reasons noted
by Joseph Reagle).

In the particular case of Infoset, it appears that entity reference
markers were removed in order to support XInclude, which in my current
opinion, should not be constructed as it is.  Moreover, regarding the
removal of CDATA section markers, I'm told that I18N said they should be
dumped.  I've asked for clarification because the reason, on the
surface, didn't make sense.  To that end, you are a great guy to give
such clarification...

Thanks,
John Boyer
Senior Product Architect, Software Development
Internet Commerce System (ICS) Team
PureEdge Solutions Inc.
Trusted Digital Relationships
v: 250-708-8047  f: 250-708-8010