Re: [charset] property

From: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:24:13 -0000
To: "Richard Tobin" <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>, <www-xml-infoset-comments@w3.org>
I think the character model document[1] section 3.6.1 provides some
guidance. It says avoid 'charset' and use 'character encoding' or 'character
encoding scheme'. However, it also says that if you are referring to
IANA-registered values you *can* use 'charset', so no help there at all
really :-)

I think I'd go for 'character encoding' personally...

Gudge

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-charmod-20010126/