  • From: Ayers, Mike <Mike_Ayers@bmc.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:08:44 -0500
  • Subject: RE: Is there Unicode mail out there?
  • To: unicode@unicode.org
> From: John Cowan [mailto:jcowan@reutershealth.com]

> I think that any proposal to shrink the range of well-formed documents
> is simply a nonstarter, regrettable as that is.

	I had thought that one of the main goals of XML Blueberry was
mainframe compatibility.  If so, won't they need to disallow the C1
characters which wreak havoc on mainframe terminals?  If they can make that
change, other relatively minor changes could be made at that time (if ever).
That's my thinking, anyway.

	Should I be crossposting the XML folks on this?

/|/|ike