Re: XKMS 2.0 Errata - WSDL / Pass Phrase Computation

Hi...

Silvan Krebs wrote:
> We are two students (Silvan Krebs and Sebastian Fiechter) from Bern
> University of Appliced Sciences working currently on our diploma thesis
> about Xml Key Management Specification 2.
> The subject of our diploma thesis is an opensource implementation of the
> XKMS 2.0. In the past few months, we developed a web service and a client
> API, fully XKMS 2.0 compliant, using JAX-WS RI 2.1.1 and Java 6. Our project
> is called OpenXKMS.

I fear reusing the same name as the open source implementation already available
on Sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xkms) is not a good idea.
This confuses people searching for XKMS technology. Please consider a
different name.

> Further, we are currently finishing our first release (approximately in
> November this year). To be able to test the whole implementation (client and
> web service), it would be glad if you could give us some contacts of parties
> that have already developed a XKM System (XKMS 2.0 compliant) as we are
> forcing now peer application tests.

There is also http://ejbca.sourceforge.net/ , which appears to be
an open source CA with an XKMS frontend.

Is there a description/comparison somewhere in what features your
(planned) implementation differs from the already available ones?

Martin Pirker
IAIK, Graz University of Technology