Re: XKMS Implementation with CMC PKI

Hi Stephen, hi all,

thanks for your answer, which clarifies our doubt; we will be modifying
our design and implementation in the direction you are suggesting in
your email, i.e., the use of LDAP/HTTP for certificate
recovery/validation (although SCVP and OCSP will be also supported in
the case of certificate validation) and CMC/CMP for registering,
revoking and reissuing certificates.

Regarding the details of our work, and as one of the persons in our
group working on PKI-related issues, I can comment that we are designing
the basic modules of an extensible XKMS proxy and developing them to
build an XKMS front-end for PKI software; regarding our testing it will
be mainly based on our PKI implementation, named UMU-PKIv6
(http://pki.dif.um.es) and the different scenarios (and tools) where we
are currently using public crypto and certain XML-based message
processing (some of them are listed at: http://pki.dif.um.es/environments/).

As soon as we progress on this, we will be glad to share our experience
with you and the members of this list.

Thanks, regards, Gregorio

Gregorio Martinez, PhD
University of Murcia (UMU), Spain