Re: Namespace Inclusions

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 10:42:21 -0400
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
CC: Matt Long <mlong@mvsquared.net>, www-xkms@w3.org

I wasn't paying attention at the time, but let me suggest...

I think that since we no longer use QName's in XKMS, that this is not
much of an issue any more.  Also, since WS-Security and WS-I, et al.,
are now all recommending exclusive-c14n, which doesn't have the problems
caused by standard c14n and embedding content, we should strike this.

It's not really an editorial change, although it can be treated as such,
since it's removing a limitation.  We can either remove the text, and
let folks like ws-i, etc., advise what to do, or we can explicitly say
	XKMS messages that will be embedded in SOAP documents SHOULD be signed
using exc-c14n.

--
Rich Salz, Chief Security Architect
DataPower Technology                           http://www.datapower.com