Re: RSAKeyPair Schema

From: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 16:01:27 +0100
To: Matt Long <mlong@mvsquared.net>
Cc: www-xkms@w3.org

Hi Matt,

Matt Long wrote:

> Is there a reason why the RSAKeyPair schema component does not extend
> ds:RSAKeyValue?

I think the answer's probably: "nope - no particular reason"

Is there a reason we ought to extend that rather than just
re-use the ds:CryptoBinary as we've done?

> It appears to me to somewhat redundant to redefine exponent and modulus

I guess it is a little, but can't see the harm really.

> just to get them both in the same namespace for XKMS purposes...or maybe
> that *is* the point.

Maybe that was it all right. I guess mixing up namespaces is
would possibly be a little more error prone (at coding time)
than doing as we've done.

Regards,
Stephen.