Re: Question about Status field in requests

Jose, Frederic -

Frederics question would no doubt be best answered by someone
with a better perspective of the XKMS schema's evolution
than myself, however, I am willing to offer my personal

I didn't find any occurences of the "Intermediate" so I assume
that Frederic meant "Indeterminate".  As a result, I don't think
this is an editorial issue.

It looks like the primary intended use of the KeyBindingType is
in the KeyBinding element in a ValidateResult. It is not clear
how a server can make use of the Status element in Revoke, Reissue
anad Recover operations and in any case, I think the server should
probably not rely on the client's opinion of the Status of a
key binding.

The fact that the {Revoke, Reissue, Recover}KeyBinding elements are all
of type KeyBindingType has the unfortunate(?) effect that the Status element
is required in all of these elements.  Instead they should be of types
derived directly from UnverifiedKeyBindingType (or KeyBindingAbstractType);
this would allow for information set elements better suited for each of the
intended purposes.

Also, the addition of a RevocationReason info set element in a RevokeRequest
would be welcome - at least X509 and PGP supports this notion.

All of this obviously implies schema changes and it is getting late for that.

Regards
Tommy