Re: Determinig Server o Client use in XKMS

The problem is the slipperly slope. If your xkms responder is
in front of an x.509 pki, then there're a million different
potential options that could apply. If we were to allow each
of those to be explicitly represented in the xkms protocol,
then we'd be back with CMC/CMP and we do know that more or
less no-one's using those.

So, my take would be to use different URLs where possible, but
of couse maybe there're specific arguments to do otherwise in
some circumstances. I can't think of any right now though.

In the particular case, you have to configure the service
URLs in any case, so why not give out different ones to
clients (mozilla, firefox etc.) and servers (apache, etc.)?
(Or, your responder could be clever about who's a client
and who isn't, e.g. based on some internal/enterprise-level
knowledge.)

Stephen.