Re: Change Log 4

On Thursday 27 March 2003 11:48, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
> Issue 200, 202 DONE
> Issue 207 DONE
>
> The primary use intended for <UseKeyWith> identifiers is to identify
> application protocols. <UseKeyWith> URI identifiers MAY be specified that
> represent key binding issuance and/or use policies instead of an
> application protocol.

Does "instead" mean that these are exclusive options?

> In this case the <UseKeyWith> element specifies
> that the key binding complies with the specified policy. The use of
> policy identifiers in <UseKeyWith> elements is only appropriate in cases
> where the client is known to understand the implications of the policy.
> This use case is not applicable to the minimal PKI client case.

I don't understand why this needs to be said, or if it does, why isn't it
said with respect to the application protocols? Simply, this is information
from the service that includes application protocolss and policies for
which the binding is approriate, right?