Re: XKMS - AuthorityInfoAccess (AIA) extension

Alex,

Could you please update the status on this at the earliest.

Thanks

/Shivaram

Stephen Farrell wrote:

> Alex,
>
> Sounds like a reasonable idea, (esp if you're willing to take the
> PKIX flak that'll accumulate:-).
>
> Just a couple of initial comments, which could wait until a later
> version if you prefer:
>
> - Its not enough to say that the CA includes the location of an
> xkms service - I think you have to say what the CA is asserting
> that the service will do for the PKIX relying party (given that
> you're operating in PKIX mode!). E.g. you might state that a
> validate request presented with (parts of?) the certificate will
> reflect the revocation status in the same way as would an OCSP
> request. You might want to explicitly state that there're no
> guarantees about locates (or the opposite! maybe you want to
> say that the CA is commiting to answer for its entire DB at
> that location - both being reasonable). And finally, there's
> a whole new rathole to avoid about whether xkms registers etc.
> can be sent to that location. Stuff along those lines will
> be needed anyway, I'd say.
>
> - Security considerations really will have to address the relationship
> (or lack thereof) between the CA root key and the xkms responder key.
> Otherwise DNS poisoning attacks could result in trouble happening
> much more easily than otherwise.
>
> - The reference to XKMS doesn't look right to me. Maybe you
> should check how e.g. the xmlsig rec is referenced from the
> equivalent RFC (I didn't check).
>
> Cheers,
> Stephen.
>
> "Deacon, Alex" wrote:
>
>>All,
>>
>>Attached is the 'one page' internet-draft for the XKMS AIA using an OID
>>assigned from the PKIX ARC.
>>
>>I plan to post this to the PKIX list next week, so please send any comments
>>and/or feedback you may have by then.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Alex

Shivaram H. Mysore <shivaram.mysore@sun.com>

Software Engineer                   Co-Chair, W3C's XKMS WG
Java Card Engineering               http://www.w3.org/2001/XKMS
JavaSoft, Sun Microsystems Inc.

Direct: (408)276-7524
Fax:    (408)276-7674