Re: Resolution - XKMS and SOAP Message Security tokens

Hi Frederick,

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 07:28:44PM +0100, Jose Kahan wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 12:04:31PM -0500, Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com wrote:
> >
> > 1b. Necessary extensions to ds:KeyInfo will be addressed by the W3C in the future, but common forms like X.509 should not be a problem now.

The D-Sig schema needs to have some minor updates to make it more
re-usable and we got a request from Merlin to know if WG
could be to rechartered for a short period of time to do this work.
I asked Joseph and Merlin (who have expressed in renewing this WG) for
their opinion. Joseph notes that Frederic's request is worthy of
consideration, but would require a much more significant amount of
work than the DSIG schema changes.

For the moment, W3C has not taken yet any decision regarding this
rechartering. We're only starting to evaluate the situation (available
WG resources, content and duration of charter, ...)

Let's say that now that you raised your issue, we're aware of it
and will take it into account when discussing the contents of this
future D-SIG WG.

-jose