RE: Resolution - XKMS and SOAP Message Security tokens

Stephen,

I think there is a point of confusion - the WS-I would profile down to SecurityTokenReference
(not ds:RetrievalMethod). SecurityTokenReference allows a variety of reference mechanisms (direct via uri, identitier appropriate to token, embedded).

Communication to the XKMS server could use any ds:KeyInfo mechanism supported by the XKMS spec and server, assuming the client could translate to it.

so I think we are saying the same thing about the client putting the ds:KeyInfo directly into the request.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia Mobile Phones