RE: XKMS and WS-Security

No, doing that would require that XKMS included the WSSE schema
which is not yet finished.

There are two ways that we could go forward, one would be to put back
the original any - which has problems (to say the least!) The other
would
be to define an extended form of KeyBinding that allowed a security
token
to be included.

We should probaly consider this case carefully. I am not conviced that
security reference is the way forward. I would prefer to index the
objects that security reference can index, or more likely specify
them directly.

We should at any rate work out a mechanism that allows us to add
an element into a key binding without having to rely on any or require
us to redefine each of the derrived key binding types.

I am somewhat unconvinced as to the applicability of the XKMS
messages to non-PKI security tokens. Kerberos tickets are closely
bound to the idea of key exchange (see my work on XKASS). Anything like
a SAML token is at a layer where one would expect the management
protocol to be able to rely on a PKI for authentication the lack
of which (bootstrap problem) is a major constraint on XKRSS.

		Phill