From: Blair Dillaway [mailto:blaird@microsoft.com]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 6:09 PM
To: Yassir Elley; www-xkms@w3.org
Subject: RE: Mobile XKMS clients

Yassir,

I have always assumed the primary target of the XKMS specification is
devices that use XML-based protocols and data structures.  This implies
a full-featured parser, though not necessarily a DOM-based parser.  A
cell phone could meet this criteria, probably not existing smart cards.
In any event, I believe a minimal XKMS client would only need to be able
to handle composition and parsing of the XKMS Validate messages.  A
special built parser for this could be very small, especially if the
supported KeyInfo structure is constrained.

So in answer to your question, I believe devices must able to compose
and parse the XML associated with the XKMS messages required by their
application(s).  But, it isn't required they support a general purpose
XML parsing capability.

Blair