Re: Requirements & F2F minutes update

Blair,

Comments below:

Blair Dillaway wrote:

> Yassir,
>
> I detect an agreement in principal here, just some wording issues.  I
> concerned about us mandating an implementation for something that isn't
> yet a standard.  We could argue ourselves into a position where we're
> blocked pending XML-P making progress.

Yes, I agree it is just a matter of fine-tuning the wording.

> I'm Ok with language along the lines you suggest.  How about the
> following:
>
> a) The specification MUST provide a binding to SOAP 1.2, provided that
> specification has reached CR status prior to the XKMS WG completing its
> work, and provide a binding to SOAP 1.1 (for interoperability purposes).
>
> b) XKMS services MUST implement SOAP 1.2 once that specification has
> achieved Recommendation status (Joseph - is this the correct W3C wording

> to indicate an approved standard?)

Two questions for clarification:

1) Why are you distinguishing between CR (Candidate Recommendation) in (a) and
Recommendation in (b)? Was this on purpose? I would think we would want CR
in both (a) and (b), but I am not that familiar with W3C process (Joseph?).

2) With regard to (a), what is your proposed qualifier before "... provide a binding to SOAP 1.1".
(MUST/SHOULD/MAY)?

I think we are almost there.

-Yassir.