Re: Issue 116

So just to confirm the proposed resolution:

- The scope of KeyBinding ID is just the request message or just the
response message.
- It is not persistent
- KeyBinding ID is not used in matching rules to select target key
binding for XKISS and XKRSS

KeyBinding element in Reissue, Revoke and Recover requests is used as a
pattern to "identify" target key bindings by matching on the combination
on KeyInfo/KeyUsage/UseKeyWith values.

This still needs a few clarifications :

Should matching rule for Reissue/Revoke/Recover be the
    "exact" match
    or "superset" match :
        target.KeyInfo = request.KeyInfo and
        target.UseKeyWith "is-a-superset-of" request.UseKeyWith and
        target.KeyUsage "is-a-superset-of" request.KeyUsage
    or "any" match
        target.KeyInfo = request.KeyInfo and
        (isEmpty(request.UseKeyWith) or
nonEmptyIntersection(target.UseKeyWith,request.UseKeyWith)) and
        (isEmpty(request.KeyUsage) or
nonEmptyIntersection(target.KeyUsage,request.KeyUsage))

(Note, if Register created and returned several different key bindings
(e.g. for different PKI back-ends), some of them can be inseparable for
Revoke/Reissue based on matching rules above. This is not necessarily an
issue, though)

Should we make KeyInfo "required" for KeyBinding inside
Reissue/Revoke/Recover request or should we allow either UseKeyWith or
KeyInfo be empty/absent but not both ?

--
Slava Galperin
mailto:slava.galperin@sun.com

For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge
increaseth sorrow.

(Ecclesiastes 1:18)